This page is designed to help educate people on some of the everyday dangers that are often overlooked in the home. As investigators we look for some of these dangers that can cause illness and even sometimes influence the homeowner that there may be paranormal activity in their home.
Please read the information below so that you can become aware of the potential hazards that may be in your home. Always find professional help to remedy these possible dangers.
Fluorescent Light Dangers
All fluorescent lights emit hazardous microwave radiation and contain toxic mercury.
“Exposure to microwave radiation has been linked to cancer, childhood leukemia, autism, ADD and birth defects, while the toxic effects of mercury have been linked to alzheimers and brain damage. “
Some common symptoms associated with fluorescent light exposure are:
- “They operate at 60Hz, or cycles per second - the frequency of the AC voltage they run on. This means that each lamp switches on and off 120 times per second, resulting in a barely perceptible flicker and a noticeable hum (sounding like a buzzing low ‘A’ note on a piano). About 25% of the population is sensitive to ballast flicker and hum and actually can become physically ill.”
- They give off excessive EMF (Electro-Magnetic Fields), considered a potential cancer-causing agent.
- Any of the electro-magnetic ballasts produced prior to 1978 contain PCB’s - a known carcinogen.
- If you have older fluorescent lighting in your home or business you may want to inspect them and possibly replace them for safer models. But beware…all fluorescent lighting is reported to still have adverse health effects when exposure is long term.
For more detailed information please visit
Effects from exposure to toxic mold can result in any of the following symptoms:
Most Common Sources of Mold Inside Homes & Offices
Flooding & Water Leaks / HVAC Systems
Bath Tubs, Shower Enclosures, Toilets, Faucets, Dishwashers, Refrigerator Ice Makers, Hot Water Tanks, Sewer Back Ups, etc. Air Conditioner Pipes and Drip Pans, Swamp Cooler Pipes and Drip Pans, Humidifiers, Furnaces and Filters, Duct Work, etc.
Irrigation / Poor Drainage
Over Watering; soil against house takes too long to dry or never does. Standing water next to or under the house. Damp concrete slab.
Steam / Sweat
Showers, Cooking, Broken dishwasher door seal, Humidifiers Work out clothing, Shoes that sweat, Sweaty or wet towels and rags, etc.
Dark Unventilated Areas / Construction
Closets adjacent to exterior walls, Lockers, Furnace closets, Bathrooms, Sink Faucet Cabinets, etc. Roof leaks, Leaks around roof vent stacks, chimneys, Gutters and down spouts, Windows, Doors, and Vents
Fish tanks, Water beds, Vaporizers, Condensation o windows from air conditioning, Laundry baskets, Household plants, etc.
Please do not attempt to remove serious mold problems on your own. Many molds are very toxic and not removing it properly can result in more problems. Please contact a professional to check it out.
For more information on mold please visit
Electro Magnetic Fields (EMF)
The Symptoms of Electrical Hypersensitivity (EHS) include:
- - Sleep disorders (linked to the suppression of melatonin)
- - Chronic pain, night pain and other “unexplainable” pain
- - Muscle and joint pain (especially in the hips and back)
- - Leg and foot pain (usually nothing show up on X-rays)
- - Fibromyalgia
- - Chronic fatigue syndrome (sometimes linked to Fibromyalgia)
- - Skin rashes and irritation
- - Depression, Anxiety and Irritability
- - Memory loss (difficulty concentrating, foggy-brain)
- - Headaches
- - Dizziness & Nausea
- - Muscle weakness, fatigue, numbness, tingling, spasms
- - Ringing and other sounds in the ears (tinnitus)
- - "Flu-like" symptoms, respiratory problems and fever
Sources of EMF
What EMF Level Is Safe?
To date it is being debated as to what electromagnetic field (EMF) level is considered safe. Many government and utility documents report the usual ambient level of 60-Hz magnetic field to be 0.5 mG.
EMF Tidbits that we have found during our online research…
It may be possible for eyeglasses to serve as an antenna that can focus the radio and cellular phone waves directly into your brain. It is recommended that eyeglass frames be made completely of plastic with no wires in them.
You may choose not to wear a quartz-analog watch because it radiates pulsating EMFs along your acupuncture meridians.
We do not know if these claims have been scientifically proven…just thought it was interesting.